Thursday, December 15, 2005

King Bomb

King Kong only pulled in $9.7 on Wednesday, even though it was in 3700+ theaters. That makes it the #21 all time Wed opener... below Meet The Fockers and Pokemon.

When you figure that it costs more to see a movie now more than ever, and this movie cost $200m+ to make, this does not bode well for Hollywood. After all the hype about how this movie would be as big as Titanic, maybe I'm not the only one out there who doesn't care to pay $10 to see a remake of a remake. I hated the 1976 version anyway. It's a dumb, boring story. Sorry guys!

I'd much rather see "V for Vendetta" -- why they hell aren't they releasing it before March?

(edit) ... I thought my King Bomb headline was original, but then I read this article, where he suggests a few other snappy headlines for King Kong failure:

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---27454,00.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was suprised a couple weeks ago when I saw that there was going to be a remake and that it was going to be a "big movie". I can't for the life of me figure out why king kong is an interesting story, one that's worth remaking over and over. The whole abducted women angle doesn't even make sense, I mean how the hell does anyone relate to a movie about an odd/ambiguous relationship between a fictitiously large ape and a woman? I mean, huh?! Who are these people that are actually seeing it?

Anonymous said...

The additional question I have is why do they keep remaking a movie that some have considered a racist movie from the start?

http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-oppin154551776dec15,0,2915817.column